German Potato Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 whole(s) potatoes
- 12 ounce(s) bacon
- 1/3 cup(s) bacon grease
- 1 whole(s) white or yellow onions diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) brown vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) celery seeds
- 1. Boil and peel potatoes. Cut into large cubes, put into large bowl and set aside.
- 2. Fry bacon in large skillet. Set aside fried bacon. Turn off skillet and save 1/3 cup of bacon grease.
- 3. Turn skillet back on to medium heat. Put 1/3 cup of bacon grease back into skillet and mix in onions. Cook until translucent.
- 4. Mix flour, sugar and salt into a small bowl. Then pour into skillet.
- 5. Increase skillet to high heat. Pour in water and vinegar.
- 6. Once skillet comes to a boil, pour in celery seeds.
- 7. Cook until thickens; stir constantly (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Pour hot stuff over 'taters and serve!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WhittersK and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note