German Pot Roast And Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) boneless rump roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 6 medium carrots, scraped and cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- Melt shortening in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add roast, and brown roast on all sides; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top meat with onion, green pepper, carrots, and potatoes. Cover and bake at 300° for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter; reserve pan drippings in Dutch oven. Combine flour and water; stir until smooth. Pour flour mixture into pan drippings. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note