- 3 3/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 pound citron (optional)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Combine pecans and dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring well to blend. Add citron, if desired, 3 eggs, and butter; mix well.
Shape dough into two 12- inch-long rolls; wrap in waxed paper, and chill until firm.
Cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets; brush tops of cookies with egg white. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.