German Pecan Brittles
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream shortening in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add cereal and pecans, stirring to coat well. Stir flour mixture and vanilla into creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased and floured cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note