German Chocolate Syrup
German Chocolate Syrup is the must-have topping for what else? German Chocolate Pancakes, of course!
This recipe goes with German Chocolate Pancakes
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (5-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans and coconut in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Cook evaporated milk and next 3 ingredients in a heavy 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture bubbles and begins to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla, pecans, and coconut. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- To Reheat: Microwave syrup in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or just until warm; stir until smooth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note