This is the first cheesecake I 've ever made and it turned out great!
German Chocolate Cheesecake
This decadent chocolate cheesecake recipe features the flavors of a classic German chocolate cake with its chocolate crumb crust and creamy topping of of chopped pecans and flacked coconut.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Loosen cake from pan; cool. Chill 8 hours.
- Stir together evaporated milk and next 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes. Stir in pecans and coconut; spread over cheesecake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This