Has anyone tried this recipe??? I need a good recipe for a birthday celebration at work, but am hesitant to try one that has no ratings.
German Chocolate Cheesecake
Spread the coconut-pecan caramel topping over the cooled cheesecake, almost like frosting on a cake.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 9.7g
- Carbohydrate: 46.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 352mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup fat-free hot fudge topping
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup fat-free caramel sundae topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place 2/3 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor; pulse until combined. Add butter; pulse 3 times or until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, pour ice water through chute, processing just until blended (do not form a ball). Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- To prepare filling, combine cocoa, fudge topping, and milk in a small bowl. Beat cheeses at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and extracts. Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate mixture; beat well.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until almost set. Cheesecake is done when the center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven; run knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature.
- To prepare the topping, combine caramel sundae topping, chopped pecans, and toasted coconut; spread over cheesecake. Cover cheesecake, and chill at least 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This