German Chocolate Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter/margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 can(s) sour cream
- 1 4 oz bar sweet baking chocolate, cut up
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 2 cup(s) flour
- Frosting (below)
- 4 large eggs, separated, at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 9" round cake pans.
- Stir chocolate and boiling water til chocolate melts. Cool.
- Combine sour cream and milk. Beat butter and sugar til light and fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time. Gradually beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Add dry ingredients alternatively with sour cream mixture at low speed, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Beat egg whites til stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Pour into pans. Bake 30-35 min or til toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 min. Remove from pans and cool.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla in saucepan. Stir over medium heat til thickened (about 12 min...don't boil). Stir in coconut and pecans. Cool, stirring occasionally. Spread frosting between layers and on top of cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraJasmine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note