German Chocolate Cake
You may substitute light sour cream in this recipe, but don't use nonfat sour cream.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Coconut-Pecan Filling
- Beat German chocolate cake mix and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 32 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread Coconut-Pecan Filling evenly on top of cake.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Super Moist German Chocolate Cake Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note