German Chocolate Cake
You may substitute light sour cream in this recipe, but don't use nonfat sour cream.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Coconut-Pecan Filling
- Beat German chocolate cake mix and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 32 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread Coconut-Pecan Filling evenly on top of cake.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Super Moist German Chocolate Cake Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts