- 1 (4-ounce) package sweet baking chocolate
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- German Chocolate Frosting
How to Make It
Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Set aside.
Combine eggs and sugar in a medium mixing bowl; beat with a wire whisk until well blended. Add reserved chocolate, flour, pecans, butter, and vanilla; beat with a wire whisk until well blended.
Pour batter into a greased 9- inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread frosting evenly over brownies, and cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.