German Chocolate Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
Pecans, coconut, chocolate chips, with a generous cream cheese glaze. Moist and indulgent! Makes 1 full-size loaf or 3 mini loaves.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup(s) pecans toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) ripe bananas mashed
- Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 cup(s) confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. LIghtly butter pan(s). Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Whisk eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla together. Stir in mashed banana. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Spoon batter into pan(s). Bake full-size loaves for about 50 minutes, and mini loaves for about 35 minutes. Bread should be light golden brown and set in the center.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together. When bread is completely cool, remove from pan(s) and drizzle with glaze. Let set for about 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mvittoria and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note