- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rose geranium leaves (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in the vanilla.
Line a well-greased 10-inch tube pan with the geranium leaves, if desired; pour batter into pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over top of cake, if desired.