I used to make this for my Dad, who was diabetic and an apple pie lover.
Georgie's Apple Pie
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup SPLENDA Granular
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 to 8 Cortland apples*, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut up
- Sugar-free ice cream or lite frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare piecrusts according to package directions. Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate.
- Stir together no-calorie sweetener, flour, and cinnamon. Sprinkle one-fourth of flour mixture over sliced apples, tossing to coat.
- Spoon apple mixture into prepared pieplate; dot with butter. Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture.
- Place remaining piecrust over apple mixture, crimping edges. Lightly brush crust with milk, and place pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake on lowest rack at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden. Serve pie warm with sugar-free ice cream or thawed lite frozen whipped topping.
- * 5 Granny Smith apples and 1 Golden Delicious apple may be substituted for Cortland apples.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note