Georgian Caramel Apples
Yield: Makes 6 apples
- 6 large Granny Smith apples
- 6 wooden craft sticks
- 1 (14-ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups chopped peanuts, toasted
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- Pecan halves (optional)
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert craft sticks into stem end of each apple; set aside.
- Combine caramels, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on HIGH 90 seconds or until melted, stirring twice.
- Dip each apple into the caramel mixture quickly, allowing excess caramel to drip off. Roll in chopped peanuts; place on lightly greased wax paper. Chill at least 15 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate morsels at HIGH 90 seconds or until melted, stirring twice; cool 5 minutes. Pour chocolate where craft sticks and apple meet, allowing chocolate to drip down sides of apples. Press pecan halves onto chocolate, if desired. Chill 15 minutes or until set.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Kraft Caramels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts