Georgia Grits Waffles
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular grits
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Whisk in grits; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring often, 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in butter until melted; cool to room temperature. Stir in buttermilk and eggs.
- 2. Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir flour mixture into grits mixture until just combined.
- 3. Cook in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until golden (about 1/3 cup batter each).
- Brought to the table by cookbook author Constance Snow (adapted from The Rustic Table cookbook).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch