Georgia Cornbread Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar light, firmly packed
- 1.5 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 2 cup(s) pecans finely chopped
- 4 whole(s) eggs large, beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) applesauce unsweetened
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Place butter in 10 inch cast-iron skillet, put in oven to melt while oven preheats. Stir together dry ingredients in medium bowl. Mix together eggs, vanilla, and applesauce in separate bowl. Then mix wet & dry ingredients together, spoon mixture into sizzling hot butter in cast iron skillet. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool slightly, then invert skillet onto cookie sheet. Slice bread into wedges, serve hot with a spoon of applesauce on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BeverlyBass and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes