This recipe has become a brunch favorite. Even my Father-in-Law loves it and he is a picky eater.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Bake Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Gruyère Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- Dash of paprika
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- 1. Bake 4 pastry shells according to package directions. Reserve remaining shells for another use.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat; add ham and green onions. Sauté 2 minutes or until green onions are tender. Add eggs, and cook, without stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not over stir.) Gently fold in Gruyère Cheese Sauce.
- 3. Spoon egg mixture into prepared pastry shells. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Chicken-and-White Cheddar Casserole: Substitute extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese for Gruyère, Cheddar Cheese Sauce for Gruyère Cheese Sauce, and chopped cooked chicken for ham. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch