general tso's chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon(s) peanut oil
- 2 mediun uncooked scallions, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cup(s) cooked white rice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add chicken; sauté until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce to pan and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup chicken with sauce and 1/2 cup rice per serving.
- 8 ponts
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dpygrl01 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
general tso's chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes