I was attracted to this dish first based on looks alone and then the short ingredient list, but was very disappointed. The dressing was too oily for my liking and my husband thought it tasted like grass (obviously not a fan of thyme).
Gemelli Salad with Green Beans, Pistachios, and Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette
Haricots verts are thin, tender green beans. If you can't find them, use trimmed regular green beans, but add them to the pasta after 8 minutes of cooking since they'll take longer to cook. You can make the salad ahead, but dress it just before serving so the beans don't turn drab.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 491
- Fat: 26.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 16.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Carbohydrate: 50.8g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 416mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 8 ounces uncooked gemelli (short twisted tube pasta)
- 1 cup (1 1/2-inch) cut haricots verts (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shaved fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add haricots verts during the final 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse pasta mixture under cold water; drain well.
- 2. Place the pasta mixture, pistachios, 1 tablespoon thyme, and 1 tablespoon lemon rind in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon thyme, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon rind, shallots, Champagne or white wine vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add salt and black pepper; stir with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture, and toss gently to coat. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note