first attempt at making gazpacho. Delicious and just as good as my restaurant favorites. Friends agreed. Terrific with the shrimp and avocado relish!! Probably 30 minutes of chop/prep time but well worth it.
Gazpacho with Shrimp and Avocado Relish
Enjoy a cool summer soup with freshly cooked shrimp and a creamy avocado relish for a quick weeknight dinner. The shrimp add protein, making this gazpacho the perfect one-dish meal. Pair with a warm slice of grilled garlic bread, perfect for dipping.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 17.5g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 675mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (11.5-ounce) can low-sodium vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- 1. To prepare soup, cook shrimp in boiling water 2 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse under cold water; coarsely chop shrimp.
- 2. Combine 3/4 cup bell pepper and next 9 ingredients (through vegetable juice) in a blender; process until smooth. Stir in shrimp.
- 3. To prepare relish, combine 1/4 cup bell pepper and remaining ingredients. Top soup with relish.
- Grilled garlic bread: heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add bread to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Rub toast with cut sides of a halved garlic clove.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note