- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (11.5-ounce) can low-sodium vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- calories 250
- fat 9 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 17.5 g
- fiber 6.2 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- iron 3.9 mg
- sodium 675 mg
- calcium 105 mg
How to Make It
To prepare soup, cook shrimp in boiling water 2 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse under cold water; coarsely chop shrimp.
Combine 3/4 cup bell pepper and next 9 ingredients (through vegetable juice) in a blender; process until smooth. Stir in shrimp.
To prepare relish, combine 1/4 cup bell pepper and remaining ingredients. Top soup with relish.
Grilled garlic bread: heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add bread to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Rub toast with cut sides of a halved garlic clove.