- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Birds Eye® Pepper Stir Fry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 12 ounces low sodium tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 bag (12 oz) Steamfresh® Super Sweet Corn, cooked according to package directions
How to Make It
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Add pepper stir fry and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool
Add peppers and tomatoes to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth.
Pour pureed tomatoes into a large saucepan. Add tomato juice, red wine vinegar, sugar and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: For a spicy kick, add hot sauce to soup. This soup is also delicious served cold on a hot summer day.