- English or seedless cucumbers
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable or tomato juice
- Chopped cucumber
How to Make It
Peel cucumbers and cut into 2-inch pieces. Scoop out insides, leaving 1/4 inch on the bottom, to create a cup. Set aside.
Combine tomatoes and the next 5 ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until blended but not smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Add vegetable juice, stirring until well blended. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
Pour gazpacho into cucumber cups, and sprinkle with chopped cucumber. Cover and refrigerate remaining gazpacho up to 3 days.