- 4 ounces French bread, cut into (1/2-inch) cubes
- Cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomato (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 1 3/4 cups chopped seeded cucumber (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 294
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 7.7 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 26.9 g
- carbohydrate 29.6 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 553 mg
- calcium 68 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare salad, arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Set aside.
Place tomato, chicken, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and parsley in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
To prepare dressing, combine the juice and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad, tossing gently to coat. Stir in bread cubes; let stand for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.