WOW! This was amazing! it was 94 degrees today and this hit the spot. My kids loved the shrimp and had it with pasta.Grown ups with the gazpacho and baguette. I did add the zest of one lemon and a tsp of juice to the gazpacho and after it refrigerated for 20 minutes was the bomb.
Gazpacho with Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
Sustainable Choice. Choose Pacific white shrimp farmed in fully recirculating systems or inland ponds.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Carbohydrate: 18.7g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- 1 (10-ounce) container grape tomatoes, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced English cucumber, divided
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup diced Vidalia or other sweet onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (28-ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 8 ounces)
- 1. Cut 8 grape tomatoes into quarters. Combine quartered tomatoes, 1/4 cup cucumber, 1/4 cup bell pepper, and 1/4 cup onion in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Combine remaining grape tomatoes, remaining 1 1/4 cups cucumber, remaining 3/4 cup bell pepper, remaining 1/2 cup onion, 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic cloves, and canned tomatoes in a food processor; pulse until almost smooth or until desired consistency. Refrigerate 25 minutes.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, juice, minced garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and shrimp in a medium bowl. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Place about 1 cup soup into each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with 5 shrimp and 1/4 cup cucumber mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note