Gazpacho con Callos de Hacha
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 3 dashes of hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 French baguette slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 1/2 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon or olive oil
- 4 ounces bay scallops, drained
- Diced mango
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until pureed. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing with back of a spoon against strainer to squeeze out juice; discard solids. Stir in lemon juice and next 3 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread butter over one side of each baguette slice. Place bread, butter-side up, on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Spread the croutons with goat cheese; set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops. Sauté 2 minutes or until done.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls; top with a goat-cheese crouton. Divide scallops evenly over croutons. Top with mango.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note