Yield: 6 servings
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced Italian-style tomatoes, well drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Lettuce leaves
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin and bouillon cube dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup water, lemon juice, and hot sauce; chill until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; spoon into 6 lightly oiled 1/2-cup molds. Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate; dollop each with mayonnaise, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers