Community Recipe from
- 4 4 Roma tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 cucumbers peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 cup(s) tomato juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) dry bread crumbs
- 2 cup(s) ice water
- 1 bunch(es) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- In a food processor or blender, coarsely chop the tomatoes, bell pepper and cucumbers in 2 or 3 batches (depending on the size of your machine) to the consistency of a salsa.
- Add ¾ cup of the tomato juice to each batch to help the mixture chop more evenly.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables to a bowl. Stir in the remaining tomato juice, the Tabasco sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, bread crumbs, and water. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve in chilled bowls or mugs with a sprinkle of the chopped green onions and parsley.
- CALORIES 101; FAT 4 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes