This took over an hour, even using a food processor for what I could. Perhaps I'm just a slow cutter. Either way, my MIL couldn't stop raving about it. Someone else at the BBQ said it was the best healthiest thing they'd had in ages. I had never had nor made gazpacho before, and loved the textures and flavors. It also makes a great topping for other dishes or even a good salsa IF you have any leftover. It did make a large punch bowl full. Great for summer.
Gazpacho is a chilled tomato soup filled with other vegetables such as peppers, onions, cucumbers and green peppers. Serve it as a side dish alongside a sandwich for cool, summertime meal.
More From Allyou
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 62
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 450mg
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia), finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups spicy mixed-vegetable juice (such as V8)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Mix cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, vegetable juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer half of mixture to a food processor or blender, process until smooth and return to bowl. Stir well.
- Stir in basil and parsley; chill for at least 2 hours to let flavors develop. Season with additional salt, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note