Gateau de Sirop
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 1/4 cups cane syrup, divided
- 1 cup Ginger Water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Burnt Sugar Meringue
- Combine peanut oil, 1 cup cane syrup, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, beating with a mixer on medium speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Pour batter into 3 greased and parchment-lined 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes, remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Prick cake layers with a wooden skewer; brush remaining 1/4 cup cane syrup over tops. Spread Burnt Sugar Meringue between layers and on top of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts