Gaston's Trout Amandine
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium rainbow or brook trout, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Garnish: lemon slices
- Brush trout with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 trout, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove to a serving platter, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and trout. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in skillet; add almonds, and sauté until golden. Stir in 1/4 cup lemon juice and parsley; pour over trout. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note