Garlicky White Bean Dip
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
Time: about 10 minutes. A good dip to serve alongside other Mediterranean-style appetizers like olives, herbed almonds, roasted red peppers, and sautéed shrimp.
Yield: Makes 2 1/4 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 27
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 or 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a food processor, whirl garlic until finely chopped. Scrape down the inside of the bowl and add beans, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whirl until smooth and blended.
- 2. Transfer dip to a small bowl. Stir in oregano, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables or pita bread.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note