I feel like there should be a sixth star I liked this so much! I'm not much of a veggie person, but this dip is insane! Now I will have to eat veggies just so that I can use this dip! I used 2 huge heads of garlic and WHOA! (though I like garlicky food) I loved the lemon in it too, and added about 1 1/2 tbs of the fresh oregano because I didn't taste it over the garlic. In the end my toddler and I couldn't keep our fingers out of the dip...and I had made it for a party! This is going into my favorites!
Garlicky White Bean Dip
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 3.4g
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 2.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 or 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a food processor, whirl garlic until finely chopped. Scrape down the inside of the bowl and add beans, olive oil, and lemon zest and juice. Whirl until smooth and blended.
- 2. Transfer dip to a small bowl. Stir in oregano, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with pita bread and assorted fresh vegetables.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This