- 1 or 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- calories 27
- caloriesfromfat 52 %
- protein 0.9 g
- fat 1.6 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- carbohydrate 2.3 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- sodium 38 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a food processor, whirl garlic until finely chopped. Scrape down the inside of the bowl and add beans, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whirl until smooth and blended.
Transfer dip to a small bowl. Stir in oregano, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables or pita bread.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.