We BBQ a lot so I just threw a bell pepper on the grill and made this dip a few days leter. Goes well with veggies and crackers. Kind of dip we love!!
Garlicky Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Photo: Miki Duisterhof; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 36
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 179mg
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Assorted crudités and crackers, for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut off top of garlic head, place on a piece of foil, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap tightly and roast until tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool.
- 2. Over an open flame or under a preheated broiler, cook bell pepper, turning frequently with tongs, until blackened all over. Place in a paper bag, close tightly and allow pepper to sweat for 10 minutes. Slip off pepper skin with your fingers.
- 3. Roughly chop pepper, discarding seeds and membranes. Squeeze garlic cloves out of skins. Place pepper and garlic in food processor; add cumin, coriander and sour cream; puree until smooth. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Cover and chill. Serve with assorted crudités and crackers.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is for dip only.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garlicky Roasted Red Pepper Dip Recipe at a Glance