Garlicky Roast Chicken Thighs with Lemon and Herbs
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) garlic clove (or 2 small)
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Marash or Aleppo pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 8 whole(s) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1-2 whole(s) lemons
- 8 sprig(s) rosemary (or substitute thyme)
- 1. Smash the garlic cloves, the salt and pepper together with a knife (or mortar and pestle) into a fine paste. Mix with the olive oil until emulsified.
- 2. Trim and season the chicken. Trim any excess skin/fat. Using your fingers, rub the garlic paste over all the chicken, carefully lifting the skin from the meat in order to rub the paste under the skin (without detaching the skin fully). Transfer the chicken to a zip lock bag or baking dish to marinate. Cover and refrigerate, ideally for 4-24 hours.
- 3. Set the oven to 450 (425 convection) and let the chicken stand at room temperature while the oven heats up.
- 4. Slice the lemons to get 8 slices (discard the end pieces). Arrange the lemon slices about 2 inches apart on a heavy duty rimmed baking sheet. Top each slice with a sprig of herb and then set a piece of chicken on top. Roast for 30-40 minutes until done (180-190 degrees by instant-read thermometer).
- If you want, use a spatula to scoop up the lemon/herb/chicken and transfer to plates. You may want to use the pan juices to drizzle over the chicken. If so, skim any fat off the top first.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garlicky Roast Chicken Thighs with Lemon and Herbs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes