- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 2 bunches (1 1/2 lbs. total) mustard greens, leaves torn into bite-size pieces and stems discarded
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon raw cane sugar or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Grits with Creamed Cashews
- calories 117
- caloriesfromfat 55 %
- protein 4.9 g
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 1 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 5.7 g
- sodium 434 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of water, seasoned with 1/2 tsp. salt, to a boil. Meanwhile, fill a sink or bowl with cold water.
Boil mustard greens until bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain well in colander and press to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
Heat garlic and oil together in a medium frying pan over medium heat until garlic is golden and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the garlic chips to a plate.
Raise heat to high and quickly add sugar, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, and the vinegar. Cook until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Add reserved mustard greens and stir to coat. Cook until most of the liquid is gone, about 3 minutes. Serve greens over grits and sprinkle with garlic chips.