- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (6-pound) bone-in leg of lamb, trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced plum tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- calories 276
- fat 11.9 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 5.6 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 37.8 g
- carbohydrate 2.2 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 114 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 259 mg
- calcium 33 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut 20 (3/4-inch-deep) slits in lamb. Press 1 garlic half into each slit. Rub lamb with lemon mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 5 hours.
Preheat oven to 450°.
Sprinkle lamb with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place lamb on a wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack in a roasting pan. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Bake lamb at 450° for 20 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 375° (do not remove lamb).
Bake an additional 55 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 130°. Let stand for 15 minutes; cut across the grain into slices.
Combine yogurt and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve with lamb.