This was good. I don't think I'm a fan of sour (bc of lemon) being the dominate flavor in this dish. But I think others would like this dish a lot. It was super easy to make. I will be making again without the lemon. And I may try adding some sliced almonds.
Garlic and Thyme Green Beans
Sometimes the simplest of recipes are the most delicious. Plenty of garlic, some thyme, and really fresh green beans add up to more than the sum of their parts.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 85
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 3.1g
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 155mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften and brown, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note