I think I goofed, but I'm not crazy about it. The flavor and texture is just off for me.
Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
"I came up with this hummus recipe exploring ways to get more fiber in my diet. The tomatoes give it a warm, coral-like color." -CL Reader
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup hummus and 4 pita wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 175
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 623mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-inch) pitas, each cut into 10 wedges
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place pita wedges on pan, and coat with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes or until golden.
- Combine water, tomato, salt, pepper, garlic, and beans in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve with pita wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This