I absolutely love this soup. It's smoky and garlicky (as you would expect) and delicious.
Garlic Soup (Sopa de Ajo)
This simple appetizer soup (SOH-pah day AH-ho) makes the most of everyday ingredients. Serve with a slice of Tomato and Garlic Toast and green salad for a light lunch. Use high-quality ingredients; because this basic soup has few elements, each contributes substantially to its success.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 114
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 398mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth (such as Emeril's)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (1-ounce) slices rustic bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender (do not brown). Stir in paprika. Add broth, 1 cup water, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; broil 4 minutes or until golden, stirring once halfway through cooking. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 4. Place about 1/4 cup bread cubes in each of 8 ovenproof soup bowls. Break one egg into each bowl; ladle about 1/2 cup broth mixture into each bowl. Arrange bowls on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny. Sprinkle evenly with chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note