- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp, cooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Garnishes: chopped fresh chives, peeled and cooked shrimp, freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Bring 3 cups water, cream, butter, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in grits. Cook, whisking constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Stir in 1 pound shrimp, cheese, and garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.