This recipe comes from NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson, who likes to wrap the shrimp in a flour tortilla along with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa for a tasty burrito. It's also good served over rice pilaf.
Southern Living SEPTEMBER 2006
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
2. Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
3. Combine olive oil and next 5 ingredients in a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Remove and reserve 3 Tbsp. marinade for basting.
4. Add shrimp to plastic bag; seal and shake to coat. Chill 20 minutes.
5. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp evenly onto skewers.
6. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with reserved 3 Tbsp. marinade. Serve shrimp with lime wedges.
Oven method: Omit wooden skewers; combine shrimp and next 6 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
Go to full version of