More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
Chill: 20 Minutes
Grill: 6 Minutes
- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 2 pounds unpeeled large fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Lime wedges
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- 2. Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- 3. Combine olive oil and next 5 ingredients in a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Remove and reserve 3 Tbsp. marinade for basting.
- 4. Add shrimp to plastic bag; seal and shake to coat. Chill 20 minutes.
- 5. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp evenly onto skewers.
- 6. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with reserved 3 Tbsp. marinade. Serve shrimp with lime wedges.
- Oven method: Omit wooden skewers; combine shrimp and next 6 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This