My family loves this recipe! I serve it with grilled steak and cold beer. Wonderful!
Prepare an easy shrimp appetizer that's sure to satisfy your guests' cravings during happy hour.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 158
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 86mg
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), rinsed
- 1/3 cup dry sherry or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir garlic in olive oil just until it begins to turn gold, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp and stir until almost completely pink, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add sherry, parsley, and hot chili flakes and stir often until shrimp are barely opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 1 minute. Add salt to taste. Pour into a serving dish or individual bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers