I thought this recipe was easy and delicious. For those who love their plain, no frills mashed potatoes, this isn't for you. I just so happen to love garlic and shallots so this was a nice addition to the roast beef I was serving.
Garlic-Shallot Mashed Potatoes
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.27
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 264
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Sodium: 566mg
- 6-8 shallots, unpeeled
- 1 large head garlic, outer skin peeled, head intact
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss shallots, garlic, oil, 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper in a bowl. Wrap in a foil packet; roast for 1 hour. Unwrap carefully and let cool. Peel shallots and garlic; puree in a food processor.
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a pot; boil. Add 1 tsp. salt and simmer for 15 minutes; drain. Mash potatoes in a bowl. Stir in puree, butter, 1 tsp. salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables