Garlic-Scallion Potato Cakes
This recipe goes with Grilled Prime Aged Sirloin with Garlic-Scallion Potato Cakes and Béarnaise Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water to cover 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool, and peel potatoes; chop coarsely.
- Combine potato, garlic, 1/4 cup green onions, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Rub 3 (6-inch) cast-iron skillets with olive oil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, coating bottom of 1 skillet. Spoon one-third potato mixture into hot skillet, pressing lightly with back of spoon. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onions. Repeat procedure with remaining skillets.
- Cook on top of range over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden on bottom. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until golden on top. Cut each cake in half.
- Note: Recipe may be prepared in 1 (12-inch) cast-iron skillet. Turn out, and cut in wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This