Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
From Cooking Light
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) flank steak (2 lbs)
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 whole(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice (or high quality bottled)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 whole(s) garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1. Take the steak out of the refrigerator 30-60 minutes before cooking. Prepare the rub in a small bowl: 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 2 cloves of minced garlic (ingredients 2 through 4 above). Spread evenly over the steak and let sit.
- 2. Make the chimichurri. Process ingredients 5 through 11 above (parsley, lemon juice, red pepper, salt, sugar, cumin, garlic) in a food processor until finely minced. With the processor on, slowly pour the olive oil and the water through the food chute. Process until well blended. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the steak 5 minutes on each side (or 5 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the other if the steak is less than 2 lbs.). Remove from the grill. Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with chimichurri on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes