A little dense, but nice flavor.
Garlic and Rosemary Cloverleaf Rolls
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 30.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 241mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1 whole garlic head
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm 2% reduced-fat milk (100° to 110°)
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap head in foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; cool slightly. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- Dissolve yeast in milk in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add garlic pulp. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons butter, sugar, salt, egg, and rosemary; beat with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Add 2 cups flour, and beat until smooth. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into 12 equal portions. Divide each portion into 3 pieces, and shape each piece into a ball. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray; place 3 dough balls in each muffin cup. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Uncover dough, and brush tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until browned. Remove from pans; serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This