- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Allow egg yolks to reach room temperature.
- Combine salt, mustard, paprika, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Add yolks; beat at medium-high speed of an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Add vinegar; beat an additional 30 seconds.
- Add 1/4 cup oil, one drop at a time, to yolk mixture, beating constantly at medium-high speed of an electric mixer. Be sure that oil is thoroughly combined in egg yolk mixture before adding another drop.
- Add 1 1/4 cups oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, being sure oil is thoroughly combined in yolk mixture before adding another tablespoon. Scrape mixing bowl frequently during entire procedure. Add remaining 1/2 cup oil alternately with lemon juice and water, beating constantly.
- Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Add garlic. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove garlic slices and discard. Stir mixture before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments